VLC player 2.1.2

Dec 19, 2013 at 10:09 PM
I have downloaded VLC media player 2.1.2.

Does your library work with 2.1.2.

When I try to run the Test Presentation, it exits the program with no exceptions when trying to initialize the MediaElementWindow.

I have also copied the libvlc.dll, libvlccore.dll and the plugins folder to my BIN folder of the Test Presentation project.

Stepping through doesn't seem to work, as when I click on the first screen is when it goes to initialize the MediaElementScreen. Then after a second or two of hesitation, the application exits.

any Ideas??

I'm trying to embed a VLC player in a C# app that shows my CCTV camera.
Aug 5, 2014 at 7:22 AM
I debugged it and found out the application always ended after the below code was called.

string version = m_libvlc_get_version();
in line 155 of file LibVLCLibrary.cs of project "LibVLC.NET

Just comment out throwing Exception

string version = "1.2.1";
Nov 8, 2014 at 1:45 PM
If you debug the project make sure the debug option "Enable the Visual Studio hosting process" is NOT selected.
Nevertheless you have to fake the version string to "1.2.*" because the library code checks for major version = 1 and minor version = 2.
Anyway it's better to avoid the VS hosting process, to prevent problems with other method calls.

by the way libVLC.NET does not look in the executing folder of your program for libvlc.dll, but it looks in a subfolder "VLC" (don't know whether this is a bug or a feature).