This project is read-only.

Playback Issues

Mar 22, 2012 at 3:40 PM

Hi Everyone,

I was able to successfully integrate the WPF control into my application but I can only see video playback while in debugging mode. Once I change the project to Release mode or run the application outside the VS debugger all I get is a black screen where my video should be...

Any ideas?

May 29, 2012 at 9:01 PM

Hello,

I've got the same kind of problem. When I launch TestPresentation (test project included in LibVLC.net solution) from VS, it works fine, in debug and in release mode. But out of VS, there is sound but no image... I've made my own wpf player using LibVLC.Net and LibVLC.Net.Presentation, and the result is the same.

I use VLC 2.0.1. 

If some has a solution... please, it drives me crazy ! 

May 29, 2012 at 11:34 PM

I was using 1.1.9 with no luck, but didn't try 2.0.1. I spent about 5 hours debugging the issue and all I could determine was that the Video Stream was null because, while in not in debug mode, the wrapper would return an invalid pointer to the media player. The pointer seemingly pointed to no where.

I haven't been able to correct the problem either; I don't know enough about (and to lazy to learn) the structure of the vlclib.dll files in order to correct this projects code.

If you're looking for an alternative project you could try: http://vlcdotnet.codeplex.com/ it seems to be better maintained.

I also wrote my own media player (http://adamomediaplayer.codeplex.com/) currently using the default MediaElement control which I hoped to replace with this control. My media player on codeplex is extremely out of date to the version I'm currently working on, but if you want to have a look go nuts.

May 30, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Thanks for your answer.

I think I will use VlcDotNet, (and I'll have a look on your project too), I'm too lazy to track this bug... But I'd like to understand why this application does'nt work in the same way in and out VS !

Oct 22, 2013 at 4:39 PM
I think that this could be the same issue I was having until today. I fixed my problem by adding a missing parameter to the declaration of "libvlc_video_set_callbacks".
Aug 14, 2014 at 11:17 AM